Premier Restoration Company in South Georgia
call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus at (229) 439-2048
SERVPRO of Albany & Americus has been recognized as one of the top 100 SERVPRO franchises in the nation. Additionally, the brand itself has been recognized by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the top 10 franchises in their most recent ranking.
With 2,000 franchises and counting nationwide, SERVPRO is one of the leading restoration companies in the United States.
Although SERVPRO started as a painting business in 1967, it's now one of the most acclaimed restoration companies in the U.S. and Canada. SERVPRO specializes in the cleaning, repairing, and reconstructing commercial and residential buildings that have undergone water, fire, or smoke damage. Over time, we have expanded our portfolio to offer mold remediation, carpet cleaning services, upholstery, air duct, and HVAC cleaning, among other credential services.
With over five decades in the cleaning industry, SERVPRO may be a trusted restoration business. All SERVPRO employees are professionally trained to handle biohazard decontamination, chemical spills, and general cleaning.
SERVPRO strives to help its community by restoring one residential or commercial residence at a time.
SERVPRO has been ranked in Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500 an impressive number of times since its inception. This ranking is based on an evaluation of more than 150 data points that consist of areas in costs and fees, size and growth, franchisee support, brand strength, and financial strength and stability.
Being named as one of SERVPRO’s top 100 franchises in the country in a tremendous honor for our owner Kyle Carter and his team. The fact that SERVPRO itself was ranked so highly by Entrepreneur Magazine further solidifies SERVPRO of Albany & Americus as the premier restoration and cleaning company in the area.
If you’re in need of restoration for water, fire, or mold damage, call on the premier restoration company in South Georgia 24/7 at (229) 439-2048!
Home Cooking Safety Tips
Call SERVPRO of Albany & Americus for all of your after-fire needs at (229)439-2048!
Cooking is a common cause of home structure fires and home fire-related injuries. Whether preparing for a family dinner or making a quick snack, practicing safe cooking behaviors can help keep you and your family safe. With the hustle and bustle of life today it is easy to get distracted by situations that grab your attention away from cooking. Let SERVPRO of Albany & Americus help with some safety tips.
- Never leave your range or cooktop unattended while cooking. If you have to leave the room, turn your range or cooktop off.
- Wear short, close-fitting or tightly rolled sleeves. Loose clothing can hang down onto hot surfaces and can catch fire if it comes in contact with a gas flame or electric burner.
- Keep your cooking area clean and free of combustible materials. Food wrappers, oven mitts or other materials left on or near the stove may catch fire.
- Be sure to clean up any spilled or splattered grease. Built-up grease can catch fire in the oven or on the cooktop.
- Keep a fire extinguisher readily available. Having an extinguisher nearby is important, but you also need to have the correct type of extinguisher and know how to properly use it.
- Never throw hot grease in the garbage as it can ignite combustible materials. Be sure to let grease cool and consider disposing it in an old can, such as a metal coffee can.
- Do not store food or other items in your oven. It can be easy to forget there is an item in your oven, and this could catch fire while preheating.
What to Do If a Cooking Fire Flares Up
By exercising caution in your kitchen, you can help reduce the risk of a kitchen fire. But if a fire does flare up, you need to be prepared.
- Your safety comes first. If you cannot safely extinguish the fire, leave the scene, call 911 for help, and let the fire department control the fire.
- If a small fire flares up and you are going to try to extinguish it, call 911 for help first. A fire may grow out of control more quickly than you anticipate. It is safer to have help already on the way.
- Smother a grease fire – never throw water on a grease fire. The water can be super-heated and change to steam, and can cause severe burns. Also, it can cause oil to splash up and spread the fire. If a grease fire starts in a pan, smother the flames by sliding the lid – while wearing an oven mitt – over the pan. If safe to do so, turn off the heat source. Do not move the pan; keep the lid on until the fire is out and the pan is completely cool.
- If a fire starts in your oven, keep the door closed and turn off the heat source. Keeping the door closed will help smother the flames. Do not open the door until the flames are completely out.
- If a fire starts in your microwave, turn off the microwave and do not open it until the fire is completely out. Unplug the microwave only if you can safely do so.
Hopefully some of these tips will help you to prevent and stay safe while home cooking.
After a fire always remember SERPVRO of Albany & Americus is here 24/7 for all of your after-fire needs!
Detecting Hidden Water Damages
Hidden Water Damages? We're Here to Help!
Even the smallest water damaged areas have the potential to cause serious structural and indoor air quality issues over time. The key to avoiding costly restoration future restoration bills is to mitigate water damages as soon as possible after they happen. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus has the professional equipment, highly trained staff, and proven experience to detect and dry hidden water before secondary damages occur. The proper equipment makes a measurable difference in reducing the damage extent and expense during a water loss. When time matters, technology and equipment must be counted on to perform. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus will answer your call with fast action and a full arsenal of industry leading equipment.
Here are a few of the tools used by our team to detect hidden moisture, mitigate water damages, and clean and sanitize your property after water damages have occurred:
- Moisture Sensors are used to detect moisture in structural components. Moisture sensors help answer the question “is it wet?”
- Moisture Meters are used to determine the moisture content of structural materials, including drywall, flooring, and cabinetry. The use of a moisture meter helps to answer the question “how wet is it?”
- Thermohygrometers measure temperature and relative humidity. When armed with this information, along with the moisture content readings of the materials in the structure, your SERVPRO of Albany and Americus technician can accurately calculate the most optimal drying conditions.
- Ultra Low-Volume (ULV) Foggers will atomize liquid deodorizing agents, producing a fine mist that can easily penetrate the site where odor-causing residues may accumulate. This device can also be used to inject fungicides and disinfectants into wall cavities and other hard-to-reach areas.
- Thermal Foggers dispense solvent based products by creating a dense fog. The fog consists of tiny particles of deodorant solution that attach to and neutralize odor causing particles to deodorize structures, garments, automobiles, and other places where cleaning cannot reach.
With the right equipment, tools, and experience, SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is ready to respond when water damage strikes. Interested in learning more? Need emergency assistance? CALL NOW: 229-439-2048!
Spring is Here! Let’s Talk Commercial Spring Cleaning…
Ready to schedule your spring cleaning services? Call us! 229-439-2048
Springtime brings a variety of things: warmer temperatures, growth of diverse plant life, family vacations, and….the dreaded “spring cleaning.” This chore should not only be completed at your home, but at your business as well. While the specific tasks may vary, the importance is the same: executing a deep cleaning at least once a year reduces the build up of dust, dirt, and allergens that collect, and makes your workspace more inviting. When it comes to commercial spring cleaning, SERVPRO of Albany and Americus offers a variety of services, including:
- Duct Cleaning
- Carpet/Tile Cleaning
- Odor Removal/Deodorization
- Soft Goods Cleaning – including furniture and draperies
- Thermal Fogging/Disinfection
By utilizing industry leading equipment, coupled with our extensive experience in cleaning and disinfecting all sorts of properties, the team at SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is ready to take on even the toughest cleaning jobs. We can clean from ceiling to floor, wall to wall, and will focus on high traffic and touchpoint areas.
Are you ready to schedule a “spring cleaning” service for your Southwest Georgia business? Give SERVPRO of Albany and Americus a call, 229-439-2048. We look forward to being of service to both you and your property!
South Georgia Smoke and Soot Cleanup
If you have a fire damage or smoke soot question, call SERVPRO of Albany & Americus today at (229) 439-2048
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Albany & Americus will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call SERVPRO of Albany & Americus Today (229) 439-2048
Common Causes of Residential Water Damage
Water Damage? Call 229-439-2048 Now!
Where there is water, there is the potential for water damage. From leaking pipes to appliance malfunction, the opportunity for water to end up where it shouldn’t be is very high for homeowners throughout our community. So, what are some of the most common causes of water damage, and how can we reduce this risk?
- Damaged Pipes: Whether from aging, continued use, or unexpected malfunction, damage to piping and plumbing is one of the leading causes of residential water damage. Check common leak areas, such as underneath sinks, regularly for water staining. If living in an older home, consider having a professional update the plumbing system for the property. Avoid pouring corrosive chemicals down the drains that can weaken the integrity of pipes.
- Appliances: Dishwashers, Refrigerators, and Clothes Washing Machines all share one commonality: water lines. These lines have the potential, over time, to crack, break, or disconnect, allowing a continuous flow of water to go where it need not be. When moving appliance, always check water supply lines to make sure they stay properly connected. Periodically check for any cracks or dry rotting in hoses. If a leak does occur, discontinue water supply to the appliance until the leak has been corrected.
- Clogged Drains: Back-ups from toilets, bathtubs, or sinks can occur very easily when the draining system is obstructed. Consider using strainers inside of sinks and tubs to catch debris that can cause a clog. If you notice water draining more slowly than normal, consider employing a plumber to check your drainage system for obstructions. Do not leave running water in sinks or tubs unattended.
- Water Heater Malfunction: Your water heater has the potential to release an extreme amount of water in a very short amount of time if it malfunctions. Always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations when it comes to maintenance of your water heater. Periodically check for any leaks, water staining, or standing water around you water heater and, if found, address these issues immediately.
Water damage don’t wait, and neither does the SERVPRO of Albany and Americus team. We offer 24/7/365 emergency response when water damages strike and take great pride in providing the highest possible level of customer service to our community members in need. To learn more about our water damage restoration process, request help, or for general questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call at 229-439-2048. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus: “We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!”
The Do’s and Don’t’s of Storm Damages
Storm Damages? Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus: 229-439-2048!
Stormy weather, including heavy thunderstorms, isolated tornadoes, and the potential for flooding rains, is all to common throughout Southwest Georgia. Unfortunately, many of these weather events can also lead to property damages. Preparing yourself, your family, and your property for the possibility of dealing with storm damages is extremely important, but many people often find themselves asking, “What should I do?” SERVPRO of Albany and Americus recommends the following “do’s” and “don’t’s” as an answer to that question:
- Follow the guidance of local and state officials as it pertains to watches, warnings, and evacuations. Keeping yourself and your loved ones safe is paramount!
- Take photos of any damages sustained by your property or personal belongings. Having a time and date stamp on these photos can be very beneficial in case an insurance claim needs to be filed.
- Take steps to secure your property and limit further damages until help arrives. This may include boarding up windows or roof tarping.
- Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus. We are available 24/7/365 for emergencies and take great pride in providing the highest possible level of service to our community when disaster strikes.
- Walk, drive through, or consume flood waters. Not only can flood water be contaminated, but it can be difficult to judge the depth of the water when trying to enter.
- Risk your own safety by entering structures with sagging ceilings, extensive debris on the floor, or live, exposed electrical wires.
- Attempt to move heavy, water saturated items.
- Clean up broken glass, splintered wood, or other hazardous items without utilizing proper protective gear.
When storm damages strike, trust the professionals at SERVPRO of Albany and Americus to help. We have the training, equipment, and resources to safely handle damages of all sizes. To learn more about our services, please give us a call: 229-439-2048. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus: “We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!”
Choosing the Right Restoration Company for Your Biohazard
We hope this never happens to you, but if it does trust your local SERVPRO of Albany & Americus to take care of you
What to do if a crime happens on your property, and why you should call SERVPRO of Albany & Americus to help!
We don’t want to scare anyone, but I do want you to be prepared for when something happens on your property. We want you to be aware of what to do since it can avoid unnecessary time, money, and headache. You should have a plan in place, and I’ve written this blog to help you.
First Things First.
A crime occurred. It is a good thing that you are safe. You should know that this will disturb the normal flow of your next coming days, weeks, and sometimes months. We would never wish for that to happen, but you should prepare for it and knowing is the first step for it.
Calm down and Call the Authorities
Call 911 or a non emergency line if there are no medical emergencies.
We know that not everyone can take this situation easily, and some of you will also panic. We are humans, and you do not know truly how you will react until this horrible event occurs. What I hope you do is act fast and contact the right people to help you. Call the police, and get yourself to a safe well lit area away from the crime scene, but within walking distance, so that the police will be able to speak with you.
Calming down does not only help you but also assists the authorities in their investigation. If you are calm, then you are better able to assist those in need. You can do this.
We HIGHLY ADVISE, that you should look for another place to stay temporarily.
While the investigation goes on, the police will need access to the scene, maybe at hours that you would not be comfortable with.
There could also be other factors, damage to property that causes it to be unsafe (broken glass, bullet holes, blood and other biohazards). These things can not be cleaned up right away, as the detectives will need to search and secure evidence. Those things can and will affect your health and safety, so we suggest finding somewhere else close by to stay at. If you can not find something, or need assistance, The American Red Cross is always willing to help those in need.
After the Investigation.
You now face a new issue. You can finally return home, and start the process of cleaning up.
Nonetheless, you will see a filthy place depending on the severity of the crime, and length of the investigation.
CALL SERVPRO of Albany & Americus!
Our technicians follow OSHA and EPA protocols to help transform an unsafe environment back into a clean, safe home or business. Our first focus is always safety, since crime or accident scenes may involve bloodborne pathogens, harmful chemicals, and other dangers. We will always treat your property and the people involved with the greatest empathy and respect in the face of trying circumstances. Our Motto is “Like it never even happened.” We want to return your home to the happy and healthy place it was in before this crime happened.
Don’t Let Disaster Derail Your Business!
Commercial Property Damages! Call Us at 229-439-2048!
The last thing any business owner or leader wants to have happen is a property damage emergency, especially one that can shut their doors and reduce the revenue they are generating. Having a trusted local professional, with the right training, equipment, and experience, to respond and begin the cleanup and restoration processes is imperative to reducing business interruption. Serving Leesburg, Sylvester, Dawson, and surrounding communities, SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is your locally owned and operated cleanup and restoration professional. Our team has highly specialized training in a variety of service lines and is available 24/7/365 for emergencies.
What can I call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus to Help With?
Our team is Here to Help your business or commercial property with:
- Water Damage Mitigation
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Contents Cleaning & Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Biohazard Clean-Up
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Sewage Clean-Up
- Deep Cleaning, including COVID-19 sanitation
- …and many more services!
Ready to learn more? Need to request service? Do you have questions? Give us a call at 229-439-2048, our team is standing by and ready to help!
Combating Storm Anxiety
Follow these tips to help reduce storm anxiety!
While many people find drizzling rains, the distant clap of thunder, or increased winds to be relaxing, aka “the perfect sleeping weather,” many others experience anxiety related to stormy conditions. Whether a result of previous experience with storms, a sensitivity to loud noises, or another factor entirely, having storm anxiety can be very difficult to overcome, especially for younger children. When storms are forecasted for your community, there are steps that can be taken to help reduce anxiety once the storm hits:
- Pay close attention to the forecast so that you are aware of the projected intensity of the upcoming weather. Extreme weather scenarios are often accompanied by thunderstorm and/or tornado warnings, evacuation recommendations, or shelter in place orders. Always trust the advice of local and state authorities when it comes to safety precautions that can be taken.
- Have activities available for children to occupy them during a storm. Examples include coloring books, puzzles, or board games. Having planned activities for adults that suffer from storm anxiety may also be beneficial.
- Explain to children what is going on during a storm; allow them to ask questions to make sure they understand the weather around them.
For many, storm can be scary, especially when they are severe. In the event that stormy weather has resulted in property damage to your home or business, know that SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is equipped, trained, and prepared to help. Serving communities throughout Southwest Georgia, our team offers 24/7 emergency response, and has the support of nearly 2,000 nationwide franchises for large storm response needs. To learn more about our services or request assistance, please give us a call at 229-439-2048!