Recent Commercial Posts
Big Commercial Projects
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus 24/7 at 229-439-2048.
SERVPRO is a nationwide cleaning and restoration franchise system that is well respected for our expertise in serving insurance companies. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is proud to be an important part of this team. Locally, we also understand the property management and commercial real estate industry in our community. That’s how our company began many years ago. Today, serving property managers, risk managers and facilities engineers remains our focus.
We are aware that not every property repair is an emergency: Building owners, property managers and facilities personnel face a variety of important maintenance and restoration issues that can be planned and scheduled. That’s why SERVPRO of Albany and Americus performs non-emergency specialty cleaning and restoration services. Services such as: Mold remediation, HVAC system cleaning, odor control, graffiti abatement, hoarder scene cleanup, death scene cleanup, power washing, Asbestos removal and even reconstruction services. For local help with a large or small project call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus 24/7 at 229-439-2048.
Office Contents Pack-Out
Vaults containing office contents
When an office for a large medical facility was damaged by sewage, SERVPRO of Albany and Americus responded. We extracted the sewage and removed contaminated building materials such as carpeting and portions of sheetrock.
The furniture in the office, such as desks and chairs were made of metal. We were able to clean and sanitize these items.
To facilitate the final cleaning of the structure, including performing reconstruction, the furniture had to be removed.
SERVPRO of Albany and Americus technicians carefully cleaned the furniture at the location and carefully packed it into storage vaults for transport to our storage facility in Albany, Georgia. We can be reached 24/7 at 229-439-2048.
As soon as the office structure was ready for occupancy the furniture and office equipment was returned and set up.
How SERVPRO can help banks in the Albany and Americus area
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus at 229-439-2048
SERVPRO of Albany and Americus often preforms services aside from the standard fire and water damage. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus has worked with many banks in our area regarding estimates, cleaning services, emptying out property and mold remediation on local banks. Also, when a homeowner leaves the property due to failure to pay or foreclosure the homeowner can cause major destruction from anger. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus has seen it all. From tubs, toilets, sinks filled with fecal matter to hoarding left behind. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus can provide quick and efficient clean up services. In addition is the water/mold damage. When the property is unattended for a length of time, the bank manager may not have the time to do weekly inspections. The property can suffer a water damage that progresses into mold.
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus to schedule an estimate at 229-439-2048.
Commercial Water Damage
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus at 229-439-2048
A water damage can happen at any time. This Commercial Water Damage decided to rear it’s ugly head in the middle of the night. Our crews responded immediately and helped this business get back to running order. With SERVPRO’s 24 hour a day, 365 day a year emergency response, we were right there to take care of business for our customer! We are always HERE TO HELP!
What would your business do if a water damage occurred? Do you know where the water shut off is for your business? Do all of your employees know where it is? SERVPRO of Albany and Americus can help answer these questions with our FREE Emergency Ready Profile. All of the information needed in the event of a fire or water damage can be found on an app that each employee could have access to.
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus today for more information 229-439-2048.
Water damage in a local Albany office over the weekend
If you have water damage in your Albany business call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus for Water Mitigation at 229.439.2048.
On Monday morning, One of our customers arrived in the office early as usual. She was always the first one in the office. As she went to her cubicle her feet squished. She looked around & she saw that the carpet and surrounding area was completely wet. She called the office manager. The manager knew what to do, call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus. The SERVPRO crew arrived quickly and they immediately went to work. They extracted the water and set up drying equipment. The production manager monitored the loss and when he determined the area was dry, he arranged to have the carpet cleaned. The manager requested that the carpet cleaning be done after hours so the business would not be interrupted. Everyone at the Albany business was very happy when things were back to normal. If your business has water damage, please call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus 229.439.2048 to assist you.
Commericial Cleaning Experts
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus today for all of your commercial cleaning needs at 229.439.2048.
When it comes to cleaning your office or commercial work space, having a regular janitorial service is great for the day to day maintenance, but for heavy duty situations you really need an expert. Whether it’s carpet and tile cleaning, duct cleaning or deodorization SERVPRO of Albany and Americus can get the job done. Everyone knows we are experts in cleaning up after fire or water, but we are also highly trained in the specialized training that our commercial clients require. At SERVPRO of Albany and Americus, we have worked hard to set ourselves apart as the experts in commercial cleaning. As we like to say, “If we haven’t cleaned it or don’t know how to clean it, we will figure it out.” This approach to continually learning new skills to meet the needs of commercial and industrial businesses has led us to expand our services and gain experience to truly be the best at what we do. From industrial warehouses and even textiles from work rigs, we have done it all. Give SERVPRO of Albany and Americus a call to find out more about how we can help you get your business in pristine condition.
Keeping Your Commercial Property Fire Ready
Keeping your commercial property fire ready is vital in order to avoid disaster. Your livelihood and that of your staff depends on your business, and you will want to protect it. Being ready for any kind of disaster is always a good idea. We are sharing some tips here that can help you get your property ready in the event of a fire:
Ensure that your building or suite is visibly lettered and numbered so that emergency responders can easily find your location in a timely manner. Numbers should contrast with the background used, such as black/white, while the numerals should be no less than six inches in height.
Fire extinguishers should be no more than 75 feet from work areas for easy access, and they should be mounted in a highly visible spot that is easy to get to. Make sure your extinguishers are serviced at least once a year by a licensed fire extinguisher company.
Exits need to be clearly marked with EXIT signage and should be illuminated at all times, with a battery backup for power outages. Exits should also be clear of any obstructions so that people can get out safely and quickly. Emergency lighting should be kept in working order, and the area around the building outside clear of debris and plant material, reducing the fire risk outdoors as well.
Stored materials need to be stacked at least two feet below the ceiling and be orderly. For buildings with an automatic sprinkler system, 18 inches of clearance is required, allowing smoke to collect up high, which gives people adequate time to exit and the sprinklers a clear area for their spray pattern.
Electrical outlets should have no more than one item per outlet plugged in, which may include a power strip with a circuit breaker. All electrical cords should be kept in good repair and replaced when needed.
Trash receptacles need to be kept at least five feet away from combustible roofs, windows, and door openings and not stored in the path of exits.
Have your sprinkler system tested and serviced every 12 months or less by a licensed fire sprinkler company. This practice should also be used for your fire alarm system.
If your business involves cooking foods, make sure your stove hood has been cleaned at least once every year to prevent excessive grease buildup. Ceiling exhaust fans and bathroom heater/light/fan combinations can also be a risk due to a buildup of dust and grease, resulting in increased operating temperatures.
Make sure your local fire department has valid contact information on file for your commercial property.
For more information call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus at 229-439-2048.
Commercial Water Loss
A local restaurant called SERVPRO of Albany and Americus regarding a water loss where their sprinkler system burst causing damage throughout the kitchen and adjoining rooms. The water was extracted, all areas were treated and equipment was set. Luckily, this job only needed a few days of drying. The restaurant is in a very populated area with a lot of traffic so getting them back to normal needed to happen rather quickly.
We know that no one plans on this happening but we want to be top of mind if it does. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus has trained professionals, who care about your business or home as if it is their own. This can be a tough time for you and your family. Give us a call if you need us, (229) 439-2048.
Commercial Property Clean up and Restoration
This is a photo of the a large commercial building that flooded buildings to the left and right of them.
We are committed to handling our customer's emergency needs 24/7.
In the event of a commercial loss, it is important to know in advance who you can trust to mitigate your damage in a timely and effective manner. Here are 7 reasons you should choose SERVPRO of Albany and Americus for your commercial property's cleanup and restoration:
- 24 Hour Emergency Response. In any type of loss, whether it be due to fire, water, mold, or biohazard, timely mitigation is vital to controlling damage and recovery costs. You can count on SERVPRO’s nationwide coverage and full line of restoration services to help your company make a speedy recovery.
- Communication. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus will keep you informed from start to finish. You’ll know what’s happening every step of the way. From the first notice of loss until the job is complete, we are dedicated to effectively communicating with property owners and managers. Jobs are documented extensively as well to ensure timely mitigation and communication with our customers.
- Reduce Recovery Time. When damage occurs in a business, it affects everyone from the owner, the managers, the employees, the tenants, and even the customers. Our team at SERVPRO of Albany and Americus understands the importance of mitigating damage to the structure and contents in a timely manner to help reduce recovery time and lessen business interruption.
- Lower Recovery Costs. As an independent franchise ourselves, SERVPRO of Albany and Americus understands the importance of frugality. This is why we teach our technicians to employ similar concepts when working with our customers. The following are ways that the SERVPRO System can help your business save money during mitigation:
- Emergency mitigation services help minimize your secondary damages.
- Proper restoration versus replacement of contents is less expensive.
- Faster recovery lessens loss.
- We use preapproved pricing and procedures.
- Comprehensive clean up and restoration services help prevent further problems and potential liability risks.
- Emergency Response Profile. The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile serves as a quick reference of important building and contact information or can be an ideal supplement to any well-designed emergency preparedness or existing contingency program. Rather than simply reacting to disaster situations, most prefer proactive measures to establish a relationship with a restoration services company. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus can help you plan for recovery before disaster even strikes.
- Full Line of Services. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus professionals are trained extensively to utilize the right equipment and supplies to handle all of your clean up needs.
Apartment Water Damages
In an apartment community residence will share walls from the sides and from above and below. When a water damage occurs, it can get out of hand quickly, since a water damage can affect multiple residences. You can never know when an emergency will occur, but it’s in your best interest as a property manager to always be prepared for anything. Taking these measures by the American Apartment Owners Association can help you prevent damage in the future.
- Inspect the property regularly. It is important to ask about repair needs and to check out major systems on a regular basis. If the problem is caught early, then damage can be minimized or avoided.
Water causes millions of dollars to the rental industry each year. Landlords in updated buildings are seeing damage due to the use of materials that aren’t holding up as expected. Most of the water damage is due to faulty plumbing, which can cause secondary damage like mold and other costly repairs, so it is important to inspect regularly.
- By acting early when you receive a repair request, then it can help save you money and keep the property in good condition.
- Pay attention to utility spikes. Whether you pay the utilities, or your tenant complains about a sudden increase, take it seriously. It is a warning sign that something may be spilling out. It can even signal a drug manufacturing operation which one of most costly repair jobs you will ever encounter.
- Watch the weather. Storms cause significant property damage, and lately we’ve been seeing some monsters. Once the surge is over, check for roof damage, clogged gutters, and poor drainage that may leak into the foundation. The best time to repair old and damaged roofs is when it’s dry.
- Encourage tenants to carry renters insurance. The main benefit: they won’t ask you to reimburse them for damage. The indirect benefit is making tenants aware of just how much they stand to lose if they are careless and cause damage to the property.
Water Damaged Business Documents Need Restoration
Call SERVPRO of Albany and Americus at 229-439-2048 to Save Important Business Documents
SERVPRO Professionally Salvages Water Damaged Docs
Commercial Water Damage is very devastating, especially when there are paper records that have been damaged. Hard copies are sometimes needed along with digital files during the course of doing business. There are steps that you should implement when trying to preserve your damaged documents.
1. Start with the assessment of the present damage by inspecting the area well to aid in the determination of what type of equipment and work will be necessary in order to repair the damage to the structure, documents and records. The inspection must be done thoroughly, but quickly. Focus on determining the type and extent of the water damage, items that have been affected, and what can be salvaged by professional commercial water damage experts. And take photos to substantiate initial water damage. It sounds like it is more prudent to call in SERVPRO of Albany and Americus to restore both the structure and your relevant business documents.
2. Be sure to call your insurance provider to make arrangements for an adjuster to assess the water damage and set up the claim. Ask for a recommendation to restore your business space along with rescuing your documents. SERVPRO comes highly touted as a premier company that has the knowledge, experience, and equipment to mitigate water damage losses. We can also help with the insurance paperwork and the claims process to ensure your fair recovery value.
3. It is wise to freeze records that have been heavily water-logged. This is the most proven method of stabilization. This process should be done at approximately minus 20 degrees F if possible. Rapid freezing will prevent additional damage from immediately occurring and will allow more time for the drying process and the actual restoration later.
4. There has been much proof that the most efficient way to dry water-damaged papers and documents that have been frozen is to put them through the process of pressurized freeze drying. The process is called "Lyophilization." This causes the water molecules to crystallize more rapidly that are in and on the papers and documents. By decreasing the pressure in the Freeze Drying Chamber the frozen water (crystals) will change from the solid phase of water directly to the gas phase--water vapor. This sublimation process enhances the chances of salvaging valuable documents in bulk.
5. After the documents, records and papers have been freeze dried, they must be handled delicately and cautiously until they have had the necessary time to acclimate to their environment again. It is rather imperative to make sure that they are stored in a space that is well-ventilated and even air conditioned. SERVPRO can restore most water damaged commercial documents to get your business back in order "Like it never even happened."
We Use Advanced Drying Equipment and Techniques
SERVPRO of Albany and Americus invests in the latest technology and equipment because it helps us restore your business and documents more quickly and to minimize cost. Call us for Albany, Leesburg, and Americus water damaging events to your business 24/7 at (229) 439-2048
How To Survive A Commercial Fire
As soon as the fire department is through extinguishing the flames, you should contact a fire damage remediation company.
How To Survive A Commercial Fire
Although running a business can be personally rewarding and professionally advantageous, corporate leaders often find themselves grappling with challenging situations such as commercial fire damage. If your commercial property is subjected to fire, you can experience emotional upset, structural damage, health hazards, and challenges ensuring the safety of your employees. However, learning how to implement proven tips and tricks that help you grapple with the aftermath of a fire can limit and even eliminate these frustrations. With that idea in mind, consider implementing the following four strategies when you find yourself dealing with a property fire:
1. Call A Fire Damage Remediation Company.
As soon as the fire department is through extinguishing the flames, you should contact a fire damage remediation company. In many cases, property owners who undergo a fire are tempted to complete the cleanup and repair process for themselves. Don't do this. commercial fire damage remediation specialists possess the extensive education, experience, and equipment necessary to complete the restoration process quickly and correctly. If you attempt to do this work yourself, you can expose yourself to health hazards and compromise the safety of your employees.
2. Get Your Records Together.
In addition to calling a commercial fire damage remediation company, it's crucial that you get your records together. This means that you will need to create an inventory list and take pictures of damaged items. This information should be presented to your insurance agent to ensure that you attain as much coverage as possible for repair costs. Also, note that it's a good idea to purchase a fireproof safe where you can store records. It's also prudent to regularly backup your computer records and then store them on a hard drive in the safe.
3. Call Your Insurance Company.
Calling your insurance company is a must following a commercial fire. As mentioned earlier, you'll need to present them with records and documentation indicating the depth and scope of damages. In addition to determining how much coverage you will attain, the insurance company may be able to refer you to a highly qualified fire damage remediation company.
4. Attain Approval To Reenter The Property.
Don't assume that it is safe to reenter your property after a fire. In some cases, there may be sanitation issues, health hazards, or structural weaknesses that make reentry unsafe. For this reason, it's important that you attain permission to reenter from the fire department or another authoritative figure.
Call SERVPRO For Excellent Fire Damage Remediation Services
Once a commercial fire strikes your property, attaining professional fire damage remediation services is a must. With more than 50 years of industry experience and a team of passionate, IICRC-certified professionals, SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is your first and only choice for expedient, efficient remediation services. We offer excellent customer service, use cutting edge equipment, and keep our clients informed during each stage of the remediation process. We're ready to get your commercial property in pristine condition, so call us now at (229) 439-2048!
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is strategically located to respond quickly to your fire emergency event. When commercial fire damage occurs, we have the resources and personnel to help. Call us today! (229) 439-2048
11 Tips for What to do During and After a Americus Business Fire
If you see any smoke, do not open the door.
11 Tips for What to do During and After a Business Fire
Americus commercial fire damage can have a devastating impact on the daily activities of your business. In order to survive Americus commercial fire damage, your company needs to have a plan of action. At SERVPRO, we know how disorienting and frightening a fire can be. We have compiled a list of things you can do in the event of a business fire.
1. Check your doors. Before opening any door, you should check the opening of the door to see if there is the presence of smoke. The saying 'where there is smoke there is fire' is an accurate statement. If you see any smoke, do not open the door. You can also touch the door to gauge its temperature. Exit through windows if the doors are unavailable.
2. Get out of the building - FAST. It is important not to waste time gathering personal items. Find the nearest route to get you and your staff to safety. When you are safely outside of the building, move as far away from it as possible.
3. Be aware of the dangers of smoke inhalation. As you exit the building, stay as far away from smoke as possible. Instead of walking, crawl on the floor until you are safely out of the building. Inhaling smoke can cause you to feel weak and lead to death. Stay clear of any smoke.
4. Take a head count. When your staff has moved to a safe place, count the number of people that have made it out of the building safely. If you find that a person is missing, do not go back into the building to find them. Allow the first responders to conduct the search. Only return to the building when it is safe to do so.
5. Contact the American Red Cross.
6. Call your insurance company. They can help you fix the commercial damage.
7. Do not re-enter the building without permission from the fire department under any circumstances.
8. Gather your records and important documents to present to the insurance company.
9. Keep track of any expenses related to the commercial damage.
10. Contact the police. If your property is abandoned and open to the public, request police to monitor the building during your absence.
11. Contact SERVPRO for disaster restoration services.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is locally owned and operated and we are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,650 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large-scale fire, water, and storm disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Commercial Fire Damage Albany, GA
- Leesburg Commercial Fire Damage, GA
- Commercial Fire Damage Americus, GA
- Sylvester Commercial Fire Damage, GA
- Commercial Fire Damage Camilla, GA
- Dawson Commercial Fire Damage, GA
- Commercial Fire Damage Cuthbert, GA
- Bainbridge Commercial Fire Damage, GA
- Commercial Fire Damage Montezuma, GA
- Vienna Commercial Fire Damage, GA