Water Damaged Business Documents Need Restoration
SERVPRO Professionally Salvages Water Damaged Docs
Commercial Water Damage is very devastating, especially when there are paper records that have been damaged. Hard copies are sometimes needed along with digital files during the course of doing business. There are steps that you should implement when trying to preserve your damaged documents.
1. Start with the assessment of the present damage by inspecting the area well to aid in the determination of what type of equipment and work will be necessary in order to repair the damage to the structure, documents and records. The inspection must be done thoroughly, but quickly. Focus on determining the type and extent of the water damage, items that have been affected, and what can be salvaged by professional commercial water damage experts. And take photos to substantiate initial water damage. It sounds like it is more prudent to call in SERVPRO of Albany and Americus to restore both the structure and your relevant business documents.
2. Be sure to call your insurance provider to make arrangements for an adjuster to assess the water damage and set up the claim. Ask for a recommendation to restore your business space along with rescuing your documents. SERVPRO comes highly touted as a premier company that has the knowledge, experience, and equipment to mitigate water damage losses. We can also help with the insurance paperwork and the claims process to ensure your fair recovery value.
3. It is wise to freeze records that have been heavily water-logged. This is the most proven method of stabilization. This process should be done at approximately minus 20 degrees F if possible. Rapid freezing will prevent additional damage from immediately occurring and will allow more time for the drying process and the actual restoration later.
4. There has been much proof that the most efficient way to dry water-damaged papers and documents that have been frozen is to put them through the process of pressurized freeze drying. The process is called "Lyophilization." This causes the water molecules to crystallize more rapidly that are in and on the papers and documents. By decreasing the pressure in the Freeze Drying Chamber the frozen water (crystals) will change from the solid phase of water directly to the gas phase--water vapor. This sublimation process enhances the chances of salvaging valuable documents in bulk.
5. After the documents, records and papers have been freeze dried, they must be handled delicately and cautiously until they have had the necessary time to acclimate to their environment again. It is rather imperative to make sure that they are stored in a space that is well-ventilated and even air conditioned. SERVPRO can restore most water damaged commercial documents to get your business back in order "Like it never even happened."
We Use Advanced Drying Equipment and Techniques
SERVPRO of Albany and Americus invests in the latest technology and equipment because it helps us restore your business and documents more quickly and to minimize cost. Call us for Albany, Leesburg, and Americus water damaging events to your business 24/7 at (229) 439-2048