Going Away on Vacay?
…Reduce your risk of water damage while you are traveling! Although there is no way to prevent water damages from happening, there are a variety of steps that can be taken to reduce your risk, especially while no one will be home. With the stress, worry, and financial burden that water damages can cause, the last thing you want is to return home to a disaster!
SERVPRO of Albany and Americus suggests doing the following in preparation for your vacation plans:
Inspect Your Entire Home Before Leaving
- Check for any existing leaks
- Ensure appliance supply lines are securely connected
- Look for signs of water intrusion – staining, rust, puddling
- Check window and door sills for cracks
- Ensure that your HVAC system is draining properly
Inspect and Clean Up the Exterior of Your Home
- Clean our rain gutters and downspouts
- Remove any limbs that could potentially break windows during a storm
- Clear out drainage areas around your property
- Consider turning off you water to the home at the main while you are gone
Plan Just in Case…
- If something does happen, the faster it is caught, the less mitigation will be needed. You may want to plan for a friend to come and periodically check on the property
- Know who to call when water damage does occur: SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is available 24/7/365 for emergencies.
- Know where your insurance documents are for easy access in case a claim is required.
For all your water damage needs, SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is “Faster to any size disaster.” Serving the communities of Warwick, Vienna, and surrounding areas, our team takes great pride in providing the highest possible level of customer service for those in need. To learn more or request help, call us: 229-439-2048!