Detecting Hidden Water Damages
Even the smallest water damaged areas have the potential to cause serious structural and indoor air quality issues over time. The key to avoiding costly restoration future restoration bills is to mitigate water damages as soon as possible after they happen. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus has the professional equipment, highly trained staff, and proven experience to detect and dry hidden water before secondary damages occur. The proper equipment makes a measurable difference in reducing the damage extent and expense during a water loss. When time matters, technology and equipment must be counted on to perform. SERVPRO of Albany and Americus will answer your call with fast action and a full arsenal of industry leading equipment.
Here are a few of the tools used by our team to detect hidden moisture, mitigate water damages, and clean and sanitize your property after water damages have occurred:
- Moisture Sensors are used to detect moisture in structural components. Moisture sensors help answer the question “is it wet?”
- Moisture Meters are used to determine the moisture content of structural materials, including drywall, flooring, and cabinetry. The use of a moisture meter helps to answer the question “how wet is it?”
- Thermohygrometers measure temperature and relative humidity. When armed with this information, along with the moisture content readings of the materials in the structure, your SERVPRO of Albany and Americus technician can accurately calculate the most optimal drying conditions.
- Ultra Low-Volume (ULV) Foggers will atomize liquid deodorizing agents, producing a fine mist that can easily penetrate the site where odor-causing residues may accumulate. This device can also be used to inject fungicides and disinfectants into wall cavities and other hard-to-reach areas.
- Thermal Foggers dispense solvent based products by creating a dense fog. The fog consists of tiny particles of deodorant solution that attach to and neutralize odor causing particles to deodorize structures, garments, automobiles, and other places where cleaning cannot reach.
With the right equipment, tools, and experience, SERVPRO of Albany and Americus is ready to respond when water damage strikes. Interested in learning more? Need emergency assistance? CALL NOW: 229-439-2048!