What to do until help arrives
Water damage describes various possible losses caused by water intruding where it will enable attack of a material or system by destructive processes such as rotting of wood, mold growth, bacteria growth, rusting of steel, swelling of composite woods, de-laminating of materials such as plywood, and many others.
If you have occurred water damage in your home or business these steps will help you before the professionals at SERVPRO of Albany and Americus arrive.
1. Shut off the water source if possible! If you are unable to, contact a qualified party to do so.
2. Turn off the circuit breakers for the wet areas of the house of building.
3. Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping or blotting.
4. Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
5. Place aluminum foil or wood blocks
between furniture and wet carpeting.
6. Do not use a household vacuum to remove excess water. This could damage the vacuum and or cause electrical shock.
7. Remove all of your valuable and sensitive items such as computers, documents, or art to a safe, dry space.
SERVPRO of Albany & Americus is locally owned and operated. We are part of this South Georgia Community and WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
Call us with your mitigation needs at (229) 439-2048 TODAY!